It a fact that a normal diet seldom has minerals and vitamins required in appropriate amounts. A dietary supplement helps in nourishing the body of its daily requirements of minerals and vitamins and hence is of paramount importance to national nutrition.
- Dietary supplements contain the desired nutrients required for increasing the innate immunity of the body and thereby increasing its resistance against diseases.
- Supplements are primarily taken by serious gym enthusiasts because they aid in increasing muscle strength, both sexual and non sexual performance, stamina and endurance.
- Some supplements are also used in combinations with therapeutic drugs as an alternative source of treatment against some diseases.
- Supplements Canada also aid in coping up with daily stress and provides energy required for doing daily chores.
Disadvantages of supplements
- Since our bodies are different and so are its requirements, taking supplements just from hearsay can have detrimental effects on your body. So it is always advisable to consult a doctor.
- Since supplements are a bit on the costlier side, they have burn a hole in your pocket.
- Over dosage can be a serious health hazard if not kept in check and corrected.
- At times, taking in too many supplements can interfere with your body’s ability to absorb food and hence disrupt the normal functioning of the body.
- Supplements aren’t as healthy as food so they should never be taken as a substitute of food.
Tips for taking supplements
- Always consult a physician if you are already on medication as supplements may interfere with it.
- It is important to read the product composition well and be wary of unnecessary fillers as they do have an unwanted effect on nutrition.
- It is important to not take supplements Canada It is important to offer your body some rest from supplement usage at least for a day, once a week.
- It is important to buy products at the correct price. Don’t get swayed by tall claims of overpriced supplements and set unrealistic goals for yourself.